Monday, November 4, 2013

It's been way to long since I last posted!



 Heeeeyyyy everyone, 

 I know that I owe you all a big update and explanation for my lack of postings and I'm happy to say that I'm working on it! But for now just something short and sweet. 

  I just got readmitted to the hospital after being out for THREE very long weeks..yes that was sarcastic! I'm just sick again and not doing so well. But lately my pattern for coming in has been every two weeks for two weeks. This time however, I will only be here for about a week and then finishing at home because I have a trip to Stanford coming up on November 13th, that I leave for on the 12th. But since I'm not staying in california for a visit with my bestie like I normally do, I will be on IV when I go down. And as an added bonus my lovely little sister Ashley will be coming with my mom and I for this trip!! 

  Last time I was in here they found a hole in my heart. I'm told that it's fairly common in people with pulmonary issues and that I could have had it a year ago but they weren't aware until now seeing as how they didn't do the right test until now. There's nothing they can do about it right now, especially since it's not an issue right now. It's just something that they're gonna watch and it's something Stanford likes to know about. When I get my new lungs, I guess a lot of the time the new lungs will squish it closed. Or if the surgeon thinks it's a problem they will but a stitch or two in it to close it up. In my honest opinion, I think it's from a broken heart, so allow me to say thanks to my ex who broke my heart...literally. 

 Right now my pft's at best are 18% and I'm on 3 litters of oxygen 24/7. I can barely do anything, right now something as simple as talking is hard for me to do because I get so winded. I will try to post throughout my hospital stay about whats going on and everything. As well as working on my big update! Two dry runs (yes, two, I'll explain in my big update) and 7 months on the list and I'm still waiting for new lungs. 

  I hope and pray that my call comes soon. I am so ready for it. I'm ready to be done with this part of my life and to just move on. My goal is to be able to celebrate my 21st birthday (in march) with new lungs. 
Prayers and good thoughts are always welcome and VERY appreciated! Thank you for reading. 

P.S I have also created a Go-Fund-Me account. Please share and/or donate! Anything and everything is appreciated!  
http://www.gofundme.com/4bztkw

-Amanda :)


1 comment:

  1. Hey Amanda. I don't even know you at all but i somehow got here though a friend on fb. Let me just say....wow. I hope you get a transplant soon. You're way too young and beautiful to go so soon. I read your blog and it gave me chills. Stanford is an excellent place and I'm positive you'll get the answers you'll need. I wish you the best for you and your family. I'm sure you mean the world to a lot of people. I actually quit smoking 4 weeks ago, and this gives me more strength to stay focused and never take my health or lungs for granted. Take care and hang in there. -Kevin Dacanay

    ReplyDelete