Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hospital Stay Day 7


    I've officially survived seven whole days in prison. But I must say I am very anxious to go home tomorrow! I can't wait to get out of here and be human again. I had to have a blood gas test done today. Which measures the amount of carbon dioxide I'm moving in and out of my body, to make sure nothing's wrong and I don't need oxygen. They do this test by sticking a long needle into the artery in my wrist. And let me tell you, it hurts like hell. Last time I was here, the person that did it had to do it twice because he missed the first time. But the second time wasn't any better because he missed the second time as well, but I wasn't about to let him do it again. So my doctor said it could wait tell I was here again. Everything went good today though, the girl that did it, got it on the first try and she numbed my wrist first, so it didn't hurt as bad. All of my levels came back fine!!! Which is one less thing I have to worry about. :) Other than that, today was pretty uneventful just like the last few days have been. The most exciting thing when you get to leave the hospital, other than getting to leave the hospital, is being able to take a decent shower when you get home!! And I know that all of my cysters (girls with CF) and fibros (boys with CF) know exactly what I'm talking about!!! Before I leave tomorrow I have to get my port reaccessed. When you're using your port for you IVs, when it's accessed, it has to be redone on a weekly basis. It sucks. That means that, they come take out the needle I have in it right now, kind of clean around it. Put numbing cream on it, wait a half hour to 45 minutes, they come back clean around the site again, then stick a needle back in it, and bandage it up, then wallah, all done :) It's not as bad as it sounds, but it does suck. And since I'm going home on IVs I have to have it done. 

    The visitors I had today were my friend Adrienne, who has CF. Her friend Jessica, and jessicas cute little baby girl Kaydence!! She's so darn cute :) I love babbies, I hope one day I get the chance to have some of my own!! I'm finally starting to smile again. I think it's because I've accepted the fact that whatever's meant to be, will happen. And I'm finally focusing on myself, my health, and realizing that the right guy will come along some day. And he's gonna wanna stand by my side through anything and everything, when I do find that guy, I'm not gonna let him go because it takes a very incredible/amazing/strong person to take on someone with a life threatening disease. Who knows, maybe I've already found him and I just don't know it yet <3 

Little baby Kaydence <3


   I will post tomorrow at the end of the day, as usual!! Prayers and good thoughts are always welcome and very much so appreciated <3

-Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment