Wednesday, September 26, 2012

How was your day?


You can kind of see the bandage on my aright arm and also the little bandage on my left are where they attempted to put it :(



     I have had the day from HELL!!! I can't even begin to say how happy I am to be home in my cozy bed! I had an appointment at the hospital at 10 this morning. I was only suppose to be there for two and a half hour tops..nope, I was there for EIGHT hours. The reason I had to go in this morning was to have my PICC placed. I got there and they were gonna put just a regular IV in my arm so I could get my antibiotic while they put in my PICC because since it had been awhile since I had it, this particular antibiotic takes an hour and a half to infuse. Well the lady that went to start my IV missed, and I wasn't about to let them try again. So I just said I'd wait to get my antibiotic until my PICC was in. They come in to place my PICC and everything was going really well, but for some reason the last little bit wouldn't go in. I then had to be taken to radiology to see what was going on. After being in there for an hour the doctor finally came to the conclusion that my veins have shrunk down so much around the area of my port (where they had to go) that there is now a blockage and that's the reason it wouldn't go any further. After four hours of messing with that, they got one in the other arm. I got back to my room and got my antibiotic and after two more hours, FINALLY got to go home!!!! Through all of this I was given no pain medications of any kind. Complete unacceptable if you ask me and everyone else I was around today. But needless to say my day has been complete shit. I'm so happy to be home and to have all of that over with.

In the picture above you can see the whole they made in my left arm in attempt to place my PICC

My final bandage..

     Everyone that has been texting me and what not, THANK YOU for all the support, I just haven't been in the mood for talking the last couple days. But thank you to everyone that's been so considered and supportive, it means the world to me and I love you all :)

- Amanda :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment