Friday, November 30, 2012

Hospital Stay Day 5


    Day five in the hospital, and despite all the wonderful visitors I've had since I've been here, I'm beyond bored. I wish I could say I was feeling better to go home but I'm not. I mean, I'm definitely feeling better than I was when I was first admitted, but I'm not where I need to be to go home. The word around the hospital is that hopefully I'll be out of here on Monday!!!! One of the reasons they aren't shoving me out the door is because my little brother is at home right now really sick with the flu. And going home and catching the flu, doesn't sound like a good time. Lol. Nothing medical exciting happened today, which I guess is a good thing! So for right now, we're just kind of going with the flow. When I do get to go home, I will be on home IV's which is a whole of a lot better than being stuck in here. The RT (Respiratory Therapist) I had today, isn't my favorite to begin with. And for one of my inhaled medicines you have to mix with saline. To mix it you have to use a needle. Well after my treatment was over, my sister pointed out that he had left the needle sitting on my little bedside table I have. Uhhh, that's a huge mistake on his part. How does he know, I wouldn't have like stabbed myself or something. I mean, I wouldn't have but someone else may have. I couldn't believe it. I most certainly said something to my nurse and the RT I had for my treatments tonight. I must say, I'm kind of nervous because it's the weekend and you know what weekends mean.... shitty nurses... yay... just what I want to deal with. Please, please, please keep your fingers crossed that nothing bad happens this weekend. And that everyone that comes into my room, makes it out alive :) lol. 

    I had lots of visitors today, which is awesome!!! I got to see my dad and my sister, they brought me my favorite drink in the whole world. An extra sweet raspberry, peach, coconut rebel from Dutch Bros. Then I got a surprise visit from my friend Bree, who also brought me my favorite drink in the whole world :) So yes, I had two energy drinks today!!!! Which when I'm not locked up, having two a day is a very typical thing for me. I also got to see my friend Kaylin today!!! She just brightens my day because she's always so happy and upbeat! But most of my friends are :) It was really nice to see both of them today. I'm lucky to have such amazing friends. I cannot wait to have our girls night when I get out of here!!! It's for sure something I have to look forward to! 

    Well it's definitely time to get some sleep, since I didn't sleep very well last night thanks to beeping machines..the joys of being in a hospital. Prayers and good thoughts are welcomed and appreciated <3 

- Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment