Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving, This Week, and Brandon

Hello everyone!!

   I wanna start off first by saying Happy belated Thanksgiving!! I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. I know, I sure did! My family and I went to my aunts house for dinner. The only people there were, my mom, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, my two cousins, my grandpa, and myself. It was a really small quite dinner. The rest of my family that was suppose to come backed out at the last minute and didn't end up coming. But oh well, I got to eat more of the delicious food my aunt had worked so hard to prepare for us :) The only down fall about this thanksgiving is that I'm sick. I've been sick for about a week and a half now. My head hurts, I have a runny nose, sore throat, low grade fever, I'm coughing so much that my stomach muscles hurt, and for the last four or five days I've taken at least a two hour nap. I think it's just a viral thing that's been going around. But when you have CF catching a normal cold that everyone else is over in a few days, means you get it ten times worse, it takes WAY longer to get over, and chances are you're gonna end up in the hospital. And since I've been sick for so long now and I just keep getting worse, I'm caving and hopefully going to see the doctor tomorrow. Which most likely means this is my last day of freedom! I would've gone in today or yesterday for that matter, but it's an impossible task to get admitted on the weekend. And I don't want to sit in the ER for hours on end. If by some miracle I don't get admitted tomorrow (monday) I have a bunch of appointments this week. Monday; my mom and I have a meeting with a social worker to talk about transplant because it's required I guess. Which makes me mad because one; I have a social worker that I already work with and two; the whole reason I'm going to therapy is so I wouldn't have to talk to a social worker. So I'm not really sure why I have to see this lady, but whatever I guess. Tuesday; I have lung rehab. Wednesday; I have a counseling appointment. And on Thursday; I have lung rehab again. The crazy schedule of a CF patient preparing for transplant. Lol :) 

I saw this on Instagram and I really liked it, so I wanted to share <3

   So since Thanksgiving was this last week, all of my friends came home for thanksgiving break! It was so nice to see some of them! I think I hung out with someone everyday this last week. Which could be a contributing factor as to why I'm so tired. Lol. I got to see one of my best friends twice this week!!! The first day I saw her, she took me to one of my appointments I had. How many friends do you have that would take you to a doctors appointment? Not very many!! But I sure do :) I love you Lauren. Then on Saturday, I went over to her house to watch the Civil War game with her and Megan! DUCKS WON!! WOOO!!!! (sorry megan) lol. I also got to see my friend Travis a couple times this last week. I loved that I got to see other friends to, but then again I'm not. I just feel so awkward and out of place when I'm around certain people and they talk about school, the sororities they're in, the parties they go to, and classes they take and anything else pertaining to school. Because I just sit there and awkwardly listen... That's the only sucky thing about seeing some of my friends. I can't wait to possibly experience those things one day! 


  Four years ago today, I lost someone who I loved with every piece of my heart. His name was Brandon Perryman. Like me, Brandon had CF. He was an incredible person, who is missed by many. I met Brandon in the hospital on one of my many hospital stays. And instantly I loved him. I still remember the morning my mom came in and woke me up to tell me Brandon was gone. I just remember crying and crying. One of my very favorite memories I have of him is when we were both in the hospital and I had been texting him. My mom had already fallen asleep and since it was pretty late I was falling asleep to. My door started to open and it was Brandon. He came in really quick and really quietly, gave me a kiss, and told me good night. I will never forget that night. I still have a hard time accepting that he's not with us anymore, but I take comfort in knowing that I will see him again one day. I love and miss you every single day. And will continue to love and miss you every single day, until I see you again. R.I.P Brandon, we all love you <3 

This is Brandon <3


On Brandons 21st birthday I went to see him. This is the picture I took that day.
Hence the Mikes I left in this picture. lol <3

   Depending on what happens tomorrow will determine if I post or not. So no news, is good news! lol 
Prayers and good thoughts are always welcome and very mush so appreciated! Not only for me, but for Brandons family and my cyster Addie, who is currently in the hospital because of her belly. <3

-Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment