Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hospital Stay Day 1

Hey everyone!

I had a doctors appointment today and sadly, after much refusal I got admitted to the hospital. Before I surrendered to the hospital, I had to get one last fix from dutch. Thank you Bree for giving me my drink for free, that act of kindness really made my day. Love you! I just got to my room. The first night in the hospital is always the funnest..NOT!!! It's filled with a bunch of people coming in and out of my room, asking me the same questions over and over again. It gets old really fast. Trying to get all my orders right is always such a task as well. Because the doctor enters everything into the computer one way, but in the computer it gets entered a different way, and the pharmacy only does it this way, it's so annoying. Typically the first night I'm here, I don't get all of my nightly medicines because apparently it's hard to understand that I take all my meds at night. My absolute least favorite part of being admitted is getting my port accessed. There's just nothing fun about getting a 1 inch needle stuck into my chest and left there for a week. It's just not a good time. But I'm kinda nervous because I haven't used my new port yet so all fingers crossed that it works and we have no problems!! I'll keep this updated! I'm gonna be on a continuous IV antibiotic. Ugh I hate when I have to be on a continuous one. Back to my doctors appointment today, I went in not feeling well and very reluctant to go in because I knew this would be the end result, but my mom said other wise. My weight is down to 108 (I'm normally 110, but my doctors would like me to be 120). My PFTs have been pretty sucky, when I'm sick they've been ranging from 23%-25% and when I'm healthy 32%-35%. Well today mine were 25%, which is 2% up from when I did them three weeks ago. My PFTs should be better than they are because I just ended a three week course of antibiotics. Which is part of the reason I'm here. Well, I have just got back from getting an x-ray and a CT scan. The x-ray was of my lungs, pretty routine. And the CT scan was to look at my sinuses. When I hear about from what they show I'll post! This hospital stay will decide how fast I will go through the transplant process. 

Prayers and good thoughts are very much so appreciated. I'll keep this updated as much as I can!

- Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment