Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hospital Stay Day 5: Feeling left out


     It is day five in the hospital and for the first time since I've been here I received some good news. I get to go home TOMORROW!!!!!! YAYAYAYA!! Of course I have to go home on IV but I couldn't be happier about getting to leave, after the few horrible days/nights we've had. I'm feeling a lot better than I was when I was first admitted. I have my fingers crossed that at the end of this two week antibiotic course, my lungs will have come up a little bit. I got weighed today and after being on Lipids (pure fat, infused through my IV) and my night feeds for the last five day, I have gained absolutely no weight. Lol. Last night was an okay night, got everything I needed in a timely manner. And got to sleep semi early (10:30 ish). I forgot to mention the other night I had to sleep with an oxygen stat monitor on my finger all night to see if my stats were dropping when I slept. If that was the case, I would have to start using oxygen when I sleep. But fortunately that's not the case and everything came back perfectly fine!!!

My ball and chain... a.k.a the stat monitor I had to sleep with for a night

     Today, has been a pretty boring, uneventful day. Aaron and I just hung out and watched Four Weddings all day long :) He must love me because he puts up with all my silly shows I like to watch. When my doctor came in today, he finally gave me the results of the CT scan of sinuses. For the most part he said they look fine, pretty normal for a CF patient. But because I'm on my way to getting a transplant, I have to keep my sinuses in tip-top shape so I now have to do regular sinus rinses. BOOOO :( I HATE putting things up my nose. It's quite possibly the worst thing in the entire world to me. Pure torture!!

^ EVIL

     The last few days I've been having a really hard time being here. I feel so incredibly left out. Everyone's been posting pictures of Halloween parties and their cute costumes, and I'm stuck here in the hospital fighting for my life. People don't realize how lucky and how good they have it. I would give anything to have my biggest problem right now being what I wanted to be for Halloween.. I wish, I could go out and enjoy being 19.. Go to parties, school, living in a dorm or my own apartment, have a job, just be normal, even if just for a day. Don't get my wrong, I'm thankful for what I have and that I woke up today and got to breathe another day. I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Halloween, think of me when you're out having a good time :) 

It's time for me to start packing and getting everything ready to go home tomorrow! The sooner I pack, the sooner I go to bed, the sooner I'm home!!!! :) Prayers and good thoughts are always welcome and appreciated!

- Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment