Thursday, October 11, 2012

Post Surgery


Heeyyy!!!

Surgery went really well, no complications whatsoever. It took about two and half hours which is a little bit longer than we expected but that's okay! The PICC I had in my arm had to be removed during surgery because it was in the way of them placing my new port. So I now have a peripheral IV in my hand (picture blow). Which I hate because they hurt and don't last very long. And during surgery they had my neck placed on one side the entire time, so now I can't move my neck. Once I got home (11:30 am), I literally slept all day the rest of that day. And I also slept all day yesterday. With the exception of going to get my hair washed at my grandmas salon, seeing as how I can't shower right now because I can't get my badges wet. Today is day two post surgery, and I am still in a huge amount of pain. I feel like someone took a big metal rod and hit me in the middle of my chest. That's how bad this pain is. I feel so broken right now lol. On a good note, as of tomorrow I will be done with home IV!!!! I'm so excited!!!

^ IV

^ My battle wounds
Then one on my neck is where they went in at. 


I am so thankful for the support system I have, especially from my mom and boyfriend. They have been so wonderful to me the last few days. I don't know what I would do without either of them. The best feeling in the world is feeling that people actually love and care about you. And not only do I feel I get that from my mom and boyfriend, but I get that from everyone I'm surrounded with. Whether it's my sister, brother, dad, grandma, and my boyfriends family. I love you all so very much. You guys mean everything to me. Thank you for all you've ever done <3

- Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment