Monday, October 29, 2012

Home sweet home

     I can't even begin to describe how happy I am to be home!!! I'm so excited that I get to sleep in my own bed tonight!!! Oh how I've missed my bed... and of course sleeping next to my love! Along with the craziness, loudness, and laughter that happens at home. There's nothing better than listening to my family laugh! I got home today around 11 ish. In my opinion the worst part about coming home from the hospital is unpacking...I strongly dislike unpacking. 95% of the time my bags will sit for at least a week before I get tired of looking at them. But not this time, I unpacked all my stuff, washed my bedding/made my bed, and did a load of laundry! Very productive if I do say so myself :) I met with my nurse at about 2:30 today. It's a routine visit that they have to do every single time I start home IVs. It's the most annoying thing in the world. They have to come and "teach" me how to do my IVs and go over all my meds and what not. When in all honesty, I could teach them how to do it, and I actually have a time or two. Luckily the nurse that came today was one of my favorites!! I'm really happy with the methods my IVs are having to be given, because they are SUPER easy. I will be on home IVs tell November 6th. One of my antibiotics is every 8 hours in the form of an intermate (picture below) and the other is every 24 hours in the form of a syringe push (picture below)! I'm feeling kind of better than I was when I was first admitted, but nowhere near where I want to be. I have the feeling though that the way I'm feeling is going to be my new "normal." :/ Since deciding I want to receive a transplant my doctor has started putting in referrals for a lot of different things, such as, going to see an ENT (ear nose and throat) doctor, a program called "lung rehab" which teach me how to get the best breathing with the lungs I have and it will also help get me into shape, once I start that I will be going at least three times a week, I have a bunch of different test I have to go through. It's so much to process. All the information and preparing for all the appointments and what not, is starting to become kind of overwhelming. I will be posting a lot of blogs within the next few months, so please continue to read. It means the world to me that I have so many people that read this. Thank you all!  

Intermate every 24 (left), the balloon slowly infuses and shrinks over an hour.
Syringe every 8 (right), I slowly push in over the course of five minutes.

I may be posting again tonight because I feel like I forgot to add something to this post, but I'm not exactly sure. Prayers and good thoughts are welcome and very much so appreciated!!!

- Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment